Let’s face it. We live in a society obsessed with social media. There’s Facebook, Instagram, Facetime, YouTube, Flickr, LinkedIn, Vimeo and Twitter. All of these impact the way we do business. So how do you know which ones are right for you?
Before you dive into the world of social media marketing you need to know more about it. When used properly, it can increase traffic to your website, boost sales, lower your marketing expenses and result in a richer customer experience.
Still not sure?
Here are some ways social media marketing can help your business:
• Increased Recognition. Every chance you have to syndicate your content and increase your visibility is valuable. Social media networks are just another way to promote your business while making you more reachable for new customers and more familiar for existing ones.
• Improved loyalty. According to a report by Texas Tech University, businesses that engage on social media channels have a higher rate of customer loyalty.
• More Chances to Convert. Every social media post creates a chance for customers to convert. As you build a following, you’ll also gain access to new, recent and former customers and be able to network with all of them.
• Higher conversion rates. Social media marketing results in higher conversion rates and has a 100% higher lead-to-close rate than outbound marketing.
• Better Search Engine Rankings. SEO is the best way to capture traffic from search engines, such as Google. They use social media presence to calculate their rankings so being “socially” active can act as a “signal” that your brand is legitimate, credible and trustworthy.
• Higher Brand Authority. When your brand or business name is posted you’ll attract a new audience who will want to follow you for updates. The more people talk about you, the more valuable and authoritative your brand or business will seem to new users.
• Increased Traffic. Without social media, your traffic is limited to those already familiar with your brand or business. The more quality content you generate, the more traffic you’ll generate. More traffic means more leads and more conversions.
• Lower Marketing Costs. If you can spend just one hour a day developing your content, you’ll begin to see the results of your efforts. Paid advertising, such as through Facebook and Twitter, is relatively inexpensive. Start out small and you won’t go over budget.
• Richer Customer Experiences. Social media is a communication channel like email or phone calls. Every interaction is a chance to publicly demonstrate your level of customer service and improve your relationship with your customers.
• Improved Customer Insights. Social media allows you to gain valuable information about your customers. You can monitor user comments to see what they think of your business.
You can segment your content based on topics to see what generates the most interest and then produce more of that type of content.
Like it or not, social media marketing is here to stay. The longer you wait to jump on the bandwagon, the more you have to lose. When done properly, taking the plunge can lead to more customers, more traffic and more conversions. What business wouldn’t want that?