Show, don’t tell, especially when it comes to social media marketing. Videos stand out, giving potential customers a brief overview of your product or service without overwhelming them with text. In under 30 seconds, they can get the necessary information about your business through a short, visually appealing video.
With busy schedules and long to-do lists, many business owners—myself included—fail to stay on top of their social media marketing strategies. Instead, we keep doing what we’ve always done and getting the same results we always did.
One way to re-energize your social media marketing efforts is to create a short, shareable video. Here are three ways to do that.
- Create an engaging video. The best way to convert social media followers into clients is getting them on your mailing list and have them visit your landing page. That is where they’ll find your video highlighting the value your product or service provides. To get the most from your lead generating video:
- Keep it short (2 minutes or less)
- Be genuine
- Get their attention with premium offers
- Support your pitch
- Finish with a call to action (CTA)
- Coordinate cross-channel social promotion. This requires a planned marketing effort that spans across multiple social media channels, like Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+. Keep your tone and message consistent while presenting your video in the best light on each platform. Unite all your social content with the same theme while sharing blog posts and images that tie into your video. This will entice your social media followers to become customers or clients. Make “them an offer they can’t refuse,” like a webinar or a free ebook, that offers solutions to common problems.
- Maximize your video’s shareability and drive traffic to your landing page. Here are some easy to implement, platform-specific suggestions.
- Upload your video to YouTube. Give it a catchy, relevant title, add a URL and an engaging CTA. Get a greater ROI by adding a link to your landing page.
- Share your video in a status update on Facebook with a clear CTA. Increase traffic with promoted posts and Facebook ads.
- Tweet your YouTube video link and a link to your landing page.
Video marketing is a great way to make your business stand out. When done correctly, it can help you convert social media followers into clients or customers.
For more information and tips on writing and editing visit www.theysonewriting.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.