Sorry all you naysayers. The answer is a resounding “Yes.” The press release is alive and well and surviving in the digital age. Traditional media outlets, like television and newspapers, are the ones that are declining, many even becoming obsolete. That’s due, in part, to the new way we create and consume content.
While the times and technology may have changed, a press release can still help you grow your business. Online press releases are considered the best tool to increase customer traffic. They’re readily available by simply entering a few keywords in a search engine.
Still not sure? Here are the top benefits of sending them out.
- Every business can benefit from press release dissemination. While you may not have any “breaking news” to share, you do have stories that can get you exposure in trade journals and magazines, podcasts and other publications specific to your product or service.
- It’s inexpensive. Press release distribution services are becoming a thing of the past. Instead, most businesses write their own copy and take advantage of the many social media outlets to spread their message. Some email marketing software, such as MailChimp and Benchmark Email, offer full-fledged programs that are free. MailChimp’s Forever Free plan is a good choice if you have less than 2,000 contacts and you can send up to 12,000 emails every month. Benchmark Email’s Free for Life plan allows you to send up to 10,000 emails per month.
- You can jump start your company’s visibility. This can be a game-changer for small businesses. If you develop—and stick to—a long-term press release distribution strategy, your customers will get to know who you are, what you do and why they need you.
- You can establish yourself as an expert in your field or industry. Your customers will see you as trustworthy, making them more likely to buy your product or service.
- You‘ll reach a wider audience. Thanks to online press releases the media isn’t your only audience. Nearly 80 million people turn to the Internet for their daily news. Many of them are your customers or potential customers.
The power of a press release is under estimated. A well-crafted press release can attract more clients, improve your sales and promote your brand. So what are you waiting for? Start writing!